Sunday, March 4, 2012

Let there be light

One of my favorite ways to accessorize and make a big impact on a space is through lighting.  I love, love lighting, whether it be chandeliers, sconces, lamps, pendants, or candles. Its all so beautiful to me, but something about the warmth and coziness of lamp lighting feels special.  With lamps that make a statement, and are placed in just the right spot, its easy to make a space look and feel great.  When you walk into a space and it feels really good and inviting, and you can't really put your finger on what specifically makes it feel that way, its probably the lighting. So in short, lighting is HUGE in designing a great space.

Today I am focusing on some of my favorite lamps and will follow up with other lighting types and styles in a later post.  


Probably my Absolute favorite table lamp. The Garden Spire lamp from Barbara Cosgrove


I absolutely love this crusty old looking fragment lamp with linen shade from Bliss Studio



 
Texture, Texture, Texture.  This iron lamp from MSM4 Imports is gorgeous!



The Chaves lamp by Aidan Gray, what can you say? It's Aidan Gray. Very cool.


Ahhhh, the Quatrefoil floor lamp.  My all time favorite floor lamp by Suzanne Kasler



 
The Pattern Makers floor lamp by Regina Andrew.  If I can't cant have Suzanne Kasler's, I want this one.


 
Zeugma Imports makes tons of these lamps in different shapes and sizes.  Love the warmth of the old wood texture and linen



Aidan Gray La Gray lamp for a bit of casual elegance.  LOVE IT!



This sweet little lamp by Gallery Designs is one of my favorites simply because it is SWEET! 



For shear elegance, this Rococo crystal and iron  lamp from Restoration Hardware is awesome.

Truss lamp set by Aidan Gray.




Into the bit more modern.  This icy glass lamp by Regina Andrew gives a room a cool and sleek look. 


The unique shape of this Thorpe Pinched edge porcelain lamp from Arteriors Home is just simple and pretty.




This Bodega driftwood lamp by Arteriors Home screams "Please put me in your beach house". 




Royal Marine Tripod floor lamp from Restoration Hardware.  Just really, really cool.


There are many, many more lamps that I really love, but for obvious reasons cant show them all.



REMEMBER ~ Delight the Eye............Nurture the Soul!


Bye for now,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment